Re: The best internet browser to use with JAWS.

David Moore

Hi Liz!

The best browser to use with JAWS, for me, has been a browser called:

Waterfox.

It was developed in 2012, and it is a spin off of Firefox, but it works tons better.

It can use all of the classic Firefox plugins, and it is so very fast.

JAWS never messes up in Waterfox. It is kept up to date, and it is very secure. A new update just came out.

Water fox has an interface that is almost like the old Firefox.

It has a spell check built in and everything.

It has a reading mode where you can get the clutter off the page, and read the article.

The reading mode is built in.

You just press:

Alt+CTRL+R to put a web site into reading mode.

With JAWS, I would say that Waterfox is my favorite browser.

You can just do a Google search for Waterfox.

What I like as well, is the ability to download a portable version of Waterfox.

I love running a portable version, that I keep on the computer, because you do not have to install it on the computer. Also, if you keep the portable version on the computer, you can create a short cut on the desktop just like you can with installed programs.

I hope this helps.

Take care, Liz.

David Moore

                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10