Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

Richard Turner

Brian,

I will agree to disagree about Window-Eyes, but I have some information you may not that is not appropriate for this list.

IN my opinion, Narrator has a good chance of competing with Jaws because of their team and that they are working from the inside, much like VoiceOver for Apple.

Enough said.

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:12 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Microsoft's Own Security Chief Says: STOP using Internet Explorer

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 11:07 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

That is why I was so upset when Vispero bought out AI Squared and dumped Window-Eyes; the only true competition to Jaws

I hate to say it, but if you considered Window-Eyes to be "the only true competition to Jaws" then they had (and have) no real competition.  Window-Eyes was to the screen reader market much like what MS-Edge is to the web browser market - a distant also-ran.

This is not a comment about Window-Eyes functionality or utility, but this acquisition would and could never have taken place had AI Squared fought it, and they weren't about to fight it because they simply weren't winning in the marketplace.

I'd say that NVDA is giving JAWS a better run for its money (while not demanding any in return) than Window-Eyes did.   As of the release of Version 1809 of Windows 10 Microsoft Narrator has announced itself as a very serious competitor to any other screen reader, and Microsoft is far from "done" with Narrator yet.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.