Re: Accessibility of wordpress.com Versus Wordpress on a Hosted Site

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Hope!

Thanks for your below. This is very helpful. It sounds like, in the end, using a hosted site might be cheaper than wordpress.com. And, I understand you to be saying that there is not really a difference as regards accessibility between wordpress.com versus word press on a hosted site, right? Importantly, in your below you say that wordpress.com makes you use the "rich text editor." Is that different than the "classic editor?" I am brand new to wordpress, but I have read that accessibility is much better with the classic editor. Finally, I understand that you are saying that on a hosted site I *could* use the classic editor, right?

Many thanks,
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hope Williamson
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2019 3:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessibility of wordpress.com Versus Wordpress on a Hosted Site

The only thing I dislike about wordpress.com is that it makes you use the rich text editor. Oh that and they charge for domains, even if they're already registered. In other words, they charge a fee for you to point the domain there. They also charge you if you want to use plugins, or change your theme using HTML in any way.
I'd stick with the hosted site. That way you can install any plugins and/or custom tweaks you want without paying extra, other than your yearly hosting fee of course.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.