From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of jenright@...
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 4:14 AM
Subject: JAWS reading hyperlinks #jaws #softwaredevelopment
I am a software developer for a online training company and I am adding accessibility to our training framework. I have an "issue" that I would like some support on as I dont know the JAWS reader that well. Can you read the description below and let me know if this is a feature of JAWS, a bug with JAWS or a bug in my software. Thank you for your time!
- This is an online website built with standard html code
- The user can press the tab button to navigate around the site to the button and the onscreen text
- The user tabs to a block of text and JAWS reads out the text
- The user presses tab again and the focus changes to a hyperlink within that paragraph
- If the link is located at the start of the paragraph JAW will read "Google Link" - as this a hyperlink that opens the google search engine in a new window
- However if the link is located past a certain point in the paragraph Jaws not read "Google Link" - it will read the start of the paragraph and eventually read out "Google link" as well.
Is this expected behavior or is there an issue?
thanks so much for your time.