Re: Microsoft Edge Under Windows 7

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 12:39 PM, Mario wrote:
it will retain the name of Edge. it's just the code base
that will use a derivation of Chrome's called Anaheim
That they'll retain the name Edge is irrelevant.  The Edge browser that's been on Windows 10 up to and including Version 1809 is not, in any way, the same or even vaguely similar to what will replace it, even if the replacement is called Edge.  That code base change is monumental.

My central point is we're talking about 2 completely different programs, even if they share a brand name.