Re: Microsoft Edge Under Windows 7

Hi,

There might be a possibility that the browser name will be changed, but that’s a remote possibility.

Also, regarding Edge being compatible with Windows 7: yes and no depending on if you’re talking about current browser landscape or the one coming in the future. No, Edge isn’t compatible with Windows 7 at the moment, but Microsoft is working on a technology to bring at least the new Edge to Windows 7 (mostly for businesses).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Microsoft Edge Under Windows 7

Exactly, although I had not heard that Edge was a dead end, I just assumed Edge would remain Edge, just changed and based on Chromium, but then of course it could very well get a new name. It really doesn’t matter, at this point I don’t see a point to use it since Chrome is superior and has better accessibility.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Microsoft Edge Under Windows 7

There's really no purpose in focusing on Edge accessibility at this juncture anyway.   Microsoft has already announced that it will be retired and replaced with a browser based on Chromium (which, of course, serves as the basis for Google Chrome browser as well).

Edge is a dead end.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.