Re: how do you get screen shot of a web page?

Hi Brian,

I think we discussed this before, but I have never been able to reproduce your Win Key+Alt+Printscreen command with a screenshot going into Videos > Captures

I just tried it again and that command doesn’t seem to do anything for me and it certainly puts nothing into my videos > captures folder.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do you get screen shot of a web page?

I need to save this after I put it out here today:

For Any version of Windows:

  1. PrtSc (Print Screen) key captures a full-screen screenshot to the clipboard.
  2. ALT+PrtSc captures a windowed screenshot (e.g, only your non-maximized File Explorer, or web browser, or dialog box with focus) to the clipboard.

You can then open any program of your choosing where an image is paste-able and paste away.  Save if necessary, and it probably will be.

For Windows 10:

  1. WinKey+PrtSc will take a full screen screenshot.  This will be placed in the Pictures library, Screenshots folder, in PNG file format.  Files will be named Screenshot(N), where N will be populated with integer numbers starting with 1.
  2. WinKey+ALT+PrtSc will take a windowed screenshot.  This will be placed in the Videos library, Captures folder, in PNG file format.  Files will be named based upon the window title or dialog title coupled with a date-time stamp after that.  [On every machine I've dealt with so far, these screenshots involve the use of Xbox, indirectly, and they've always ended up in Videos\Captures.]