From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Looking for a jaws-friendly contemporary DVD ripping app

I have a better idea. Make an ISO out of your DVD with a program like IMGBurn, then get a program like Virtual Clone Drive that lets you mountaan ISO as if it were a disk. Then you could use any player you like to play the content. This would also satisfy your need to archive your physical media.

On 1/30/2019 4:35 AM, Delaunay Christophe wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for this response.

The reason I know that the discs I want to rip are unprotected is that when I put a protected disc, (one I bought in a store) in the reader, VLC cannot play it although it nicelay plays the discs I need to rip.

It is the reason why the ripper I am looking for need not deal with any protection removal of any kind. And of course, if it works nice with jaws and is more recent than this plain old FairUse Wizard which was nice at the time it was released, I’m prepared to pay for this new ripper eventually.

Many thanks for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D