Re: Looking for a jaws-friendly contemporary DVD ripping app

Steve Matzura

I have a better idea. Make an ISO out of your DVD with a program like IMGBurn, then get a program like Virtual Clone Drive that lets you mountaan ISO as if it were a disk. Then you could use any player you like to play the content. This would also satisfy your need to archive your physical media.

On 1/30/2019 4:35 AM, Delaunay Christophe wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for this response.

The reason I know that the discs I want to rip are unprotected is that when I put a protected disc, (one I bought in a store) in the reader, VLC cannot play it although it nicelay plays the discs I need to rip.

It is the reason why the ripper I am looking for need not deal with any protection removal of any kind. And of course, if it works nice with jaws and is more recent than this plain old FairUse Wizard which was nice at the time it was released, I’m prepared to pay for this new ripper eventually.

Many thanks for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 8:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Looking for a jaws-friendly contemporary DVD ripping app

Not sure. I haven’t ripped a DVD in a very long time. I hope someone else chimes in because it’s an interesting topic.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: January 29, 2019 9:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Looking for a jaws-friendly contemporary DVD ripping app

Hi all,

The DVDs or higher capacity discs I need to rip are not supposed to be encrypted in any way. When I put such a disc in the USB Blu-Ray reader connected to my PC, I can nicely play it with VLC.

Now, I would like to “archive” those discs, i.e. to convert them in a format which could be played anywhere, without need for dedicated hardware to read the discs, (.avi or .mkv movies for instance).

Of course, FairUse Wizard does the job. However, I wonder if there exists a newer app which could handle more contemporary video formats like 4k, and new encoding formats like H.265?

I just had a chance to try Leawo DVD Ripper but this app does not seem jaws-friendly since it has many unlabeled buttons.

I’m using Jaws 2019 on a windows 7 64-bit computer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice on a good accessible DVD ripping app. Have a nice day. Chris D

_._,_._,_

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.