Re: Windows 1809 Happened

David Moore

Hi Curtis!

I am so sorry!

I can’t say this enough.

Back up everything you have on two or three good external drives, and if you can, back up everything to the cloud as well.

Keep one of your external drives in a safe deposit box.

That is how important our stuff is, and later builds of Windows 10 has been deleting stuff.

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows 1809 Happened

I am in a world of hurt because my 1809 update deleted ALL my stuff in program files, (both 32 and 64 bit) user files, everything in documents, just leaving the directories not Microsoft related on my hard drive. All my mail was gone since it was under my documents, all my downloads obliderated since it was under users, no restore points at all, just a directory called “windows.old,” which only had my previous user name and nothing else hidden. GAD! So be careful, I am tracking down old stuff I am truly needing like email, and fortunately I do have a lot of it since I use OpenDrive to backup stuff, but I have to run down installers for such as nvda, jaws, and get some keys for jfw since I might need a couple. :) yike!  

Curtis Delzer 

H.S.

WB6HEF

San Bernardino, CA

_____

SENT! From Curt’s iPhone!

On Jan 17, 2019, at 5:04 PM, Morey Worthington <worthington@...> wrote:

Hi all. Windows update 1809 finally happened and all seems normal, and Yes,even the part abot Documents going missing did not come true..goodie-goodie.

Is there anything else a person should look out for from those of you whom have had it done??

Thanks,

Morey Worthington

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.