Re: unable to make jaws read a file RE: can't save a pdf file

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Will trz this Richard. Manz thanks, Takis

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 3:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: unable to make jaws read a file RE: can't save a pdf file

Perhaps uninstall Acrobat DC and reinstall it.

I am using the latest Windows 10 and Acrobat DC with Jaws 2018 and not having any problem like this.

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ?a?a???t?? ??t???p?????
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: unable to make jaws read a file RE: can't save a pdf file

Hi all,
Following Jed's question, I would like to pose a similar problem. For some reason, when I open a pdf file in Acrobat DC on my lenovo, it comes up as "blank", or so jaws tells, with neither the display, nor jaws actually reading the text. This happens on all pdfs, so there's no question of affecting just scanned files. Running jaws2018, latest win10, and latest acrobat dc. If I use aby to convert it into word, it works fine, but this is not always my best bet, if I want to do something quickly. I understand someone else has raised this in the past, but would be grateful for any experience that solved this. I have settings in "infer reading order."
Kindest regards, Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:40 PM
To: main
Subject: can't save a pdf file

Hey guys,
I am running win 10, and the latest version of jfw. I'm trying to edit a pdf. So i can type in the fields. However i go to save as, and i can't type in a new file name. When i start tabbing around, jaws says nothing. What am i missing?

Cheers,

Jed

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.