Re: Silence fusion while using another self voicing program.

My memory is correct, but I also thought I'd point you to this webpage for ZoomText Fusion:  https://www.zoomtext.com/fusion-info-en/

Look specifically for the section entitled:  Switching from Full Speech to Speech On Demand or Mute

I also clearly remember that there is some way to have JAWS (or ZT-Fusion) automate the turning off of speech for you when you fire up another self-voicing program.  I seem to recall something about using application profiles, but it's been ages and I don't have the full documentation handy.   That's the way to go if you find yourself frequently firing up self-voicing programs and wanting JAWS/ZT-Fusion to be silent when they have focus.