Re: Disk ajectors that are accessibil

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Nino,

Here's something that might help, I know it helped my Windows 10 Pro system:
Hi Mike and all,

If the confirmation message appears on the screen but JAWS is not saying it, perhaps it's helpful to know that in Windows 10 balloons was replaced with toasts, which like notifications in the Action Center are handled by the ShellExperienceHost process, too unstable like most UWP apps and areas, unfortunately increasing.
JAWS 17 and newer have a verbosity setting concerning Windows 10 notifications, but it is not as accurate as balloon reading, which was being developed since Windows XP.
If you have Windows 10 Pro, there's a group policy which allows to use balloons instead of new toast notifications.  Try the steps below:

1. Press WINDOWS+R, type the following and then press ENTER:

gpedit.msc

2. In the Tree view arrow down to, User Configuration, right arrow to open, down arrow to, Administrative Templates, right arrow to open, down arrow to, Start Menu and Taskbar.
3. When you reach Start Menu and Taskbar, tab to the list view.  In the list view, find the following policy:

 Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts

4. Press ENTER to open the properties of this policy, tab to the group of radio buttons and change from, Not Configured, to, Enabled, tab to, Okay, and press enter.
5. When finished, restart the computer for this change to take effect.

By the way, File Explorer and other system and third-party apps which previously shown balloons will do that exactly as in prior Windows versions, including JAWS ability to simulate a left mouse click.

Hope it helps!
Fernando
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.