Re: No font

Richard Turner

Well, my sighted wife doesn't see any changes compared to other programs, like word or outlook, and she would surely notice if the screen was rotated, etc.
I'm not sure how I would accidentally changed the resolution or background or foreground colors and have it only mess up that one program.
Good ideas though.
Richard

On Jan 20, 2019, at 11:40 AM, Dave... <dgcarlson@...> wrote:

Richard,

A couple weird ideas...

1. Did you unintentionally rotate the screen?
2. Did you unintentionally change the background or foreground colors?
3. Did you unintentionally change your screen resolution?

Okay, three things...

Dave

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2019 11:34
Subject: Re: No font

Mike, no, it doesn't work. I've tried that, also rebooting, reinstalling, cursing, not yet tried standing on my head, but ...
Enjoy the Rams game, I am going to go listen to the pregame and try distracting myself.
Later,
Richard

On Jan 20, 2019, at 11:25 AM, Mike B. <mike9902@...> wrote:

Sometimes when I open my email or various other files Jaws reads nothing but, will read if I close & restart Jaws.  I'm not saying this will work with what you're experiencing, but it won't hurt to give it a try.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2019 10:50 AM

I’m actually talking about using the program on my laptop.

Opening a file, or typing into a blank file, Jaws reads nothing.

There is a trial version that can be downloaded if anyone wants to check it out and see what happens, but my guess is, there is something unique to my system since the program works on my work laptop and on that of a Microsoft employee who tried to duplicate my issue.

So, I’m really asking a more generic question if anyone knows what would cause Jaws to report “no font” in a text editor?

I have relied on this program for years for validating my html code and truly hate to lose it.  It has to be some crazy thing about my system, but I am clueless as to where to even look.

I hit a brick wall with FS.

Richard