Re: Jaws 2018 How to do remoted assistance with jaws?

O.Addison Gethers

Oh ok do I need to press window key to type remote assistance or what?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 10:43 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2018 How to do remoted assistance with jaws?

Yep, I did not find any info about sound support during my Google searches!

But like with the old RDP, it needs to be running in full screen mode for the audio to your pc!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 9:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2018 How to do remoted assistance with jaws?

If you want your sighted assistant to be able to either just see what's going on, or to have full control over your machine while working together, Jonas has given you excellent advice:  Quick Assist, which is built-in to Windows 10.    If you hit the Windows Key and start typing just the word Quick then Quick Assist is almost certain to be the first item returned in the search.

I have used this a number of times when providing remote support.  What's interesting is that sometimes I would get the screen reader voice output through my own speakers and other times I wouldn't, not that I needed it.  There is not a voice component to Quick Assist (or if there is I didn't use it), so I always have a simultaneous phone call going on over speakerphone so that both sides of the session can talk to one another as needed.

If both sides needed JAWS, then JAWS Tandem is the way to go.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.