Re: virtual pc cursor

David Pearson

Hello Mike, et al:

Thank you for information.  Is there any verbiage fromJaws as this cursor is toggled on/off?  Yes,perhaps  a little younger than you but we both missed the Tech revolution(there’s never a six-yearold around when you need one)!

Grew up in state of MA-west  of Boston so don’t follow Rams-dad was a Bruins fan(pronounced Broons in his vernacular).

Sincerely,

DSP -

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:17 AM
Subject: Re: virtual pc cursor

Hi David,

I hear where you're coming from, although from a different perspective.  What I mean is I too, started much later than most folks, and only started this computer crap roughly 12 years ago, starting from absolute scratch.  I'm now 61 and only started getting my head wrapped around this stuff about 7 years ago but, I just can't keep up at times with all the computer lingo BS!  LOL  LOL  I wish I had better answers for you but, since I can only try to recreeate what you go through navigating a one handed keyboard, plus not knowing that's the keyboard you're operating, it's hard to answer your questions.  You know what might help is when you ask for Jaws help, also mention that you're using a one handed keyboard.  I know for a fact that there some folks on tis list that have one handed typing students, and this might help with getting replies that will help you with your situation.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:48 PM

Hello again Mike:

I ask this question because I’d like access to  all of the Youtube video keyboard controls(fast forward, rewind,etc.)and informed that this may involve being able to toggle the “virtual pc cursor” on/off.

I should also mention that I’m a one-handed(right) typist using a half-kwerty keyboard.

It has all the keys of a conventional keyboardbut makes liberal use of the spacebar to shift keys normally used by left hand so they can be typed by the right.

For example the /key becomes the letter z by depressing the spacebar, soas a result,  don’t know if capable of performing required key presses  via 2 simultaneous key presses as the spacebar is involved in obtaining the z character.

I’m quite “techno-challanged” having come to this stuff later in life than most(1962 birth year) so really don’t know difference between html files versus others.

Thank you,

David S. Pearson    

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 6:06 PM

Hi David,

Hopefully this will explain it well enough:
The keystroke for toggling the Virtual PC cursor is, Insert + Z.  To tobble it on / off for all applications is, Insert + Z twice quickly.

The Virtual PC Cursor - HTML Environment The virtual PC Cursor mimics the
functions of the PC Cursor, but is activated by default when entering an
HTML document, such as a web page on the Internet.
The virtual PC Cursor speaks the number of elements on the page when it
first opens.
For instance, the number of links, headings, and regions.
You can use the ARROW keys to navigate and read the document, or use
Navigation Quick Keys to move to specific elements, such as paragraphs,
tables, or headings.
JAWS also reads graphics labeled by alt tags in the HTML code.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 2:31 PM
Subject: virtual pc cursor

Hello list:

What is the virtual pc cursor used for, what are the key presses to toggle
the cursor on/off, and finally, does Jaws announce this change of status?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.