From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:20 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: Word 2010 global settings

Rebooting usually clears this one up.
At 09:28 PM 1/19/2012, you wrote:
Hi,

Thought I'd let you guy's know what I came up with as a fix for this
problem. Part of the fix for this corrupt normal.dot file is to delete
it and have Word create a new one when it starts up. But when I went
and followed the steps of deleting this file so when Word opened up it
could create a new normal.dot file it didn't fix my problem. The new
normal file was created but I still had the same error message about
another application or user is using the normal.dot file. Since this
all started after I tried this mark feature with JAWS 13 and Word 2010
I decided to isolate the problem to Word. So I shutdown JAWS 13 and
started up 12. Where I deleted normal.dot again and started up Word
which created another normal file. But now it's fine no more error
messages with the normal.dot file. I restarted
13 and everything worked fine. Don't really know what was causing this
but I had to do this with JAWS 12 to get this normal.dot file to work with
Word.
Just thought I'd let you guy's know what I saw. For what it's worth I
emailed Freedom Scientific with what happened with me today.

Dondi