Re: How can I unmute YouTube?

CathyAnne Murtha

When focused on the video, you’ll usually hear the video name and a tone to let you know you’re in a form field, press M. this serves two purposes.

M mutes and unmutes audio

With JAWS for Windows, it also pauses the video.

There are some additional YouTube commands, you may like. Once again, you must be focused on the video for these commands to work. They do work in JAWS Browse mode:

Pause/Play SPACEBAR

Full Screen Mode F

Exit Full Screen Mode ESCAPE

Go to the beginning of a video HOME

Go to the end of a video END

Restart the video NUMBER ROW 0

Move to a percentage of the video (10% through 90%) NUMBER ROW 1 through NUMBER ROW 9

Move to the next video in a playlist SHIFT-N

Move to the previous video in a playlist SHIFT-P

Fast forward five seconds RIGHT ARROW

Rewind five seconds LEFT ARROW

Fast forward 10 seconds l

Rewind 10 seconds J