From: "Robert Logue" <bobcat11@telusplanet.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:36 PM
Subject: what to o when win 7 won't talk on startup

My computer was working well enough. But I just installed a windows security update and now it won't talk when booting. No windows sound either.

To further complicate things. I recently added a new user account and removed my original account. I'm giving the system away and wanted to clean it up. It was working ok with the new account till I rebooted after the windows update. Hope I get some eyes on this. Have to connect a monitor and mouse just to get someone to look at it.

Just wondering if there are any magic keystrokes at the start-up screen to get Windows talking.

Bob