Re: word

Angie Goodnight <agoodnight@...>

It only happens to me when I misspell something

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 12:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: word

This is a really odd one.  I just tried a bunch of copy and paste in a new document in word for office 365, and I had no issues.  I looked in file/account/about and this is the version I have:

Microsoft® Word for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11029.20104)

You might check what version you have and if it is a lower than this see if you can get it updated.

On 1/11/2019 10:53, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io wrote:

I have these same issues using Word 2016.  Pretty sure I had the issues with JAWS 2018 and was hoping 2019 would fix it, but that is not the case.  I think I notice this is most likely to start occurring when I’m doing selecting of text to format or cut and paste it.  That is, once I do these steps, the issue starts and exiting and restarting JAWS is my current, albeit annoying, fix.  I’m working on a large document for our executive team and this was really problematic yesterday.  When it starts happening. JAWS does not hold focus for the line I’m actually on.  I can see my cursor is on a blank line, but JAWS is reading text from a line or two away.  Likewise, I can be on a line with text and JAWS will not read it.  The only keystroke that will accurately read what is on the line my cursor is on isInsert Tab.  Refreshign the screen and JAWS up arrow do not work.  I’m trying to recall if Say All works correctly.  I’ll capture specific notes the next time it happens and send them to tech support. 

P.S.  I have Word 2010 at home and think I have seen similar behavior there, but I don’t use Word enough at home to recall fully.

Robin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Angie Goodnight
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 8:32 AM
To: 'jfw@groups.io' <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: word

Hi All,

Microsoft Word with Jaws 2019 does not seem to be reading right. Sometimes it lags skipping words, or lines. When I try to copy and paste it does not read to me what is being selected, or it’s on the wrong line trying to select.

If I close it down, then restart the program it will read ok for a bit then it goes right back.

Angie Goodnight
Information and Community Outreach Coordinator
The Ability Center
419.885.5733 x 239
5605 Monroe St. Sylvania, OH 43560
abilitycenter.org

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.