Re: Bluestack downloader for Android apps on Windows 10?

Chris Hill

I've used the bluestacks emulator a bit.  You will need help getting talkback installed because Jaws doesn't speak in the app store.  It speaks a little on the opening screen, but it is best, on my system anyway, to shut down jaws when running bluestacks.  If you don't, then the arrow keys tend to take off and keep going even when you don't want them to.  The nice thing is that when you install apps like bard, they are made as shortcuts on your desktop, this is good because talkback doesn't talk much in the bluestacks home screen, so you almost need jaws to be running until you get the app open you want to use.  Yes, it is a mess, but if you really want to try reading a bard book on your pc, this is one way to do it.

On 1/10/2019 08:41, Richard Turner wrote:

I ran across a resource that uses the Bluestack Downloader to install on Windows PCs.  It is an emulator that allows one to run Android apps and games on Windows 10.

I suspect it is completely inaccessible, but I thought I’d ask here if anyone has used it, or tried to anyway.

I don’t want to download stuff willie-nillie, but if no one has, then maybe I will risk it.

Thanks,

Richard