Re: [Bulk] what to o when win 7 won't talk on startup

Dave...

Robert,

Okay, first after initial power-on let it quiet down so there's no disc
activity.
Then press Escape.
If the system starts chattering along with a lot of disc activity you may
have managed to get past the startup screen.
When it quiets down again try Ctrl+Alt+J.
Hopefully JAWS starts then.

Another thing you might try if the above does not work...

Again wait for the computer to settle down after the power-on.
Then press Windows +U
Then press Alt+N
Hopefully Narrator will start talking so you can muddle through the rest.

Dave Carlson