question

G. Gray

Hello-

I am new to the list and new to Jaws 2019 which I recently installed on my Windows 7 computer because my previous DELL XP (which I just loved) crashed!!!  BTW I used the DELL computer for 14 years with no problems, so I got my money’s worth out of it.  I also should add that I am a former Wineyes user.  I am having some difficulty transitioning to Jaws.  OK here’s my questions:

1.  I am now using Windows live mail.  I cannot figure out how you attach a file.  Can anyone help?

2.  What does the ‘Smart Screen’ item in the start up menu do and should it be on or off?

3.  What is the difference between the Jaws RC cursor and the PC cursor?

5.  Using Windoweyes there was a command you could use to determine how many lines were in a document...so you could press the key combo and Window eyes would say “line 86 of 258” so you knew how far along you were in a document....Is there such a command with JAWS....and if not, why not!!! (grin)

OK...that’s it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.....and a final note I hope my windows 7 computer will last another ten years because I do not want to go to Windows 10 or above....and I am aware updates will stop Jan., 2020!!!  Thanks!

George