Re: Which twain compatible scanner for use with Jaws 2018/2019 OCR feature

bob jutzi <jutzi@...>

I've had several Canons over the years most of which should work.  I had
a Lide 110, now a 120 which works.

On 1/9/2019 7:37 AM, Isaac wrote:
Well, at this time openbook hasen't been updated in a long time, and
in my opinion hp is a great twain scanner, never had a problem out of
most of the hp scanners I have used.  Not saying open book is not a
good option but version 9 has been the main meat and potatos for
several years.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Terry" <miketerry1030@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 8:00 PM
Subject: Which twain compatible scanner for use with Jaws 2018/2019
OCR feature

Hello All,

I just learned today that, starting with version 2018, Jaws supports
some limited OCR scanning.  The Jaws tech support would not recommend
a scanner.  The only thing they said is that it had to be TWAIN
compatible.

I have started researching scanners and would like the list's
opinions.  Especially from those using the Jaws OCR feature. Right
now I just want to OCR my mail.  Eventually, I plan to purchase
OpenBook.  In the mean time, I can't decide if I should go with one of
the lower end Brother's mobile scanners or if I should purchase a
multi function printer/scanner/fax models.

Looking on Amazon, there a a lot of scanners to choose from. I'd like
to keep the cost under $250 unless this isn't reasonable.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks Mike