Re: Which twain compatible scanner for use with Jaws 2018/2019 OCR feature

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

Well, at this time openbook hasen't been updated in a long time, and in my opinion hp is a great twain scanner, never had a problem out of most of the hp scanners I have used. Not saying open book is not a good option but version 9 has been the main meat and potatos for several years.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Terry" <miketerry1030@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 8:00 PM
Subject: Which twain compatible scanner for use with Jaws 2018/2019 OCR feature

Hello All,

I just learned today that, starting with version 2018, Jaws supports
some limited OCR scanning. The Jaws tech support would not recommend
a scanner. The only thing they said is that it had to be TWAIN
compatible.

I have started researching scanners and would like the list's
opinions. Especially from those using the Jaws OCR feature. Right
now I just want to OCR my mail. Eventually, I plan to purchase
OpenBook. In the mean time, I can't decide if I should go with one of
the lower end Brother's mobile scanners or if I should purchase a
multi function printer/scanner/fax models.

Looking on Amazon, there a a lot of scanners to choose from. I'd like
to keep the cost under $250 unless this isn't reasonable.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks Mike