Re: Strange problem with chrome

Kimber Gardner

Part of the problem is I can't predict when the view settings thing
will happen. For example I was shopping the other day at qvc.com and
repeatedly getting the view settings message. Until I wasn't. I closed
the site three or four times then on the fifth try all was fine.
Sometimes it happens on the gmail web interface, most of the time not.

I know that isn't especially helpful. But the randomness is what makes
this issue all the more maddening.

The message that says how the content of the site has been deemed safe
does feel like it's significant. That why I was curious as to whether
there is some setting that tries to check that sort of thing.

In any case, it drives me crazy. I love Chrome otherwise and have only
been seeing this issue recently.

Kim

As per usual, having specific URLs to test with would help out a lot.

* Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a
well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.*

Kimberly