Re: 2 JAWS problems

Richard Turner

I am using Office 365 with Jaws 2018 and do not have either of those issues. I've never had anything like the Word issue you are talking about.
There are odd pauses with Outlook, but it isn't that often.
I wish I had a suggestion that might help.
How much RAM do you have and what processor does your computer have?
Richard

"He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself, for every man hath need to be forgiven."

Edward Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury (March 3, 1583 – August 20, 1648)

On Jan 6, 2019, at 5:20 AM, Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj1038@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I use JAWS 2018, Win 10. The 2 problems are:
1. In Word, I use Word 10 because 16 has some bugs, it says sometimes:
"use your reading keys to read the text." and then JAWS starts acting
sporadically. It does not delete words when I press back space and
becomes generally unresponsive. Only solution is turning JAWS off and
on. This keeps happening every few minutes.
2. In Outlook 16, when writing emails, there is a noticeable lag in
the responsiveness of JAWS. it takes a minute to type down what I say
and so on. I have to write my mails in notepad and then copy-paste
them. Thoughts?

Best,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj