Re: Quick books point of sale, with jaws 2019?

Jonas Voll

Did you try looking for POS by the name of SAP?

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
Toll Free: 316-425-7141
www.envisionus.com
Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2019 11:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Quick books point of sale, with jaws 2019?

That does not meet my requirements for an advanced point of sale system, it's more of an invoicing/accounting system for people with a very limited requirement for a few products or services.
In the approx. 12 years since I have had my current point of sale system we have accumulated over 10,000 customers in the database, there are about 10,000 active and over 20,000 inactive items in the database and of course there is the sales history for all these customers many of which are local and come in on a very regular bases. Furthermore there are thousands of purchase orders when we receive shipments, thousands of pictures which are associated with the products and my system needs to be capable to link to our website and sync our online database/store to the physical store.

Regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: Quick books point of sale, with jaws 2019?

Sieghard, this is only a suggestion, but I heard of a website called
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fFreshBooks.com&c=E,1,yQ_RsO3fm1_ElgZPMN5dU0Piey9t6GtJGssAPJYPtXLTYi2TzxIG_nBuZodrNA3-tJAOlHOOrfcuXtjwrzMELa639A6DVz9ZCw01prjSa1DsGLrGxu1eb7c,&typo=1 but aren't sure how screen reader friendly it is with JAWS. but since it's web based, maybe it's worth checking out?

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Thu, Jan 3, 2019 11:19 AM EST
Subject: Quick books point of sale, with jaws 2019?

Hello Jessica,

I would be very curious what your need/requirement for a point of sale system is. I don't use Quickbooks, but a different system, but it's an older end of life product and I am very much looking for a replacement as well. I started a correspondence with Vispero about this since many of the major and affordable POS systems which are available have many accessibility challenges or are outright inaccessible. Eric Damery replied to me and said that they definitely are aware that people out there are needing a good accessible solution, hopefully this conversation will continue now that the holidays are over and while it may take a while I am hopeful that something will come of it.
In the meantime I'd love to hear from anybody who run a retail business or work at one where they may need to use a point of sale system. I think one of the issues is that if I look at a particular solution and approach the company I may be the only blind person they have ever had contact them in which case they may not take my request too serious.
Anybody who wants to contact me can do so off-list if they want and email me at @Sieghard, maybe if I get a few replies I'll start a group since I don't think one exists, a combined voice can always shout louder than just one alone.

Regards,
Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:54 AM
To: Jaws user list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Quick books point of sale, with jaws 2019?

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone on here uses Quickbooks point of sale with jaws 2019?

How well does it work?

Thanks,

Jessica

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.