Re: elementary question

Being an "I hate subscription services" person myself, I recently upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2016 Pro Plus.   I really like having the installed versions of the Office programs.

Although Office 2019 is the latest, the jump from 2010 to 2016 was a major upgrade and 2016 is years away from its end of life.  When you couple that with recycled Office licenses routinely being available on eBay for under $10, it was an easy choice for me.