From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 07:59
Subject: [Bulk] Re: Read and Read

One note on this, the realspeak voices sometimes get it right.

For instance the realspeak voices I have installed (fairly recent solo
direct if it matters) pronounces "It's time you go read the book"
correctly, but gets "Go read the book" wrong.

On 1/19/12, Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@gmail.com> wrote:
I wondered about this for a long time but just got use to it, funny
how if you type R E A D and press space it says it correctly and also
if you, well read by word with jaws and arrows it's also spoken
correctly.

On 1/19/12, Joni Colver <earlybird@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
I don't know a solution to this. The same problem exists with St. for
saint
or street and Dr. for doctor or drive. You can have JAWS pronounce any
of
these the same way every time, but that does not solve the problem of
which
should be spoken in a particular context. It is just one of those screen
reader quirks we have to tolerate as far as I have been able to
determine.

Joni