Re: CSS HTML Validator

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

The name is “CSS HTML Validator” which is why I put that in the subject.

It checks for all kinds of html coding errors and has a setting particularly for accessibility.  I’ve used it since 2009.

Not as often in the last couple of years since having to switch to Jaws. 

With Jaws, not much works.  I cannot even simply read the contents of the file.  Let alone the highlighted area that shows up in a different panel with the errors or warnings or just messages with useful information.

If I switch to the touch cursor, I can read one line.  Not very useful.

With Window-Eyes, I could read everything and was able to define a window and hotkey to read the error messages.

Partly it is no doubt my ignorance of Jaws, but I think there are other issues Jaws has with this program and I’m not a scripter and will never become one, so was hoping someone out there had used this software and figured stuff out.

Fortunately I had gotten my own web sites fixed while I was using Window-eyes, but I’m now trying to give specific feedback to a company about their web site that is beyond awful and they seem to need some very specific examples of why their web site is awful as they think their stuff doesn’t stink….

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Meyers
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: CSS HTML Validator

What is the name of the validator you used? Is this to check your markup to provide any errors / warnings related to W3C standards?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:25 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: CSS HTML Validator

Is anyone else using CSS HTML Validator?

I used it with Window-Eyes very successfully, but I cannot even get Jaws to read anything at all without someone sighted touching the mousepad.

If I activate the touch cursor, I can read one line, but that is it.

If anyone knows of any scripts, that would be great!

Richard

“Definition of an expert: An ex is a has-been and a spirt is a drip under pressure.” – Bruce U. Utah Phillips

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.