Re: Spell check in Word 2016

David & his pack of dogs

It's annoying when each side is blaming the other when something goes wrong. I'm having trouble with boot camp loosing free space. MS says, "Not our problem it is an Apple problem." Apple says, "It is a M S problem since it is now a Windows computer."

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Sandoval
Sent: December 26, 2018 4:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Spell check in Word 2016

Hi everyone, I’m coming in to this a bit late, but here’s my findings.

Spell Check is unreliable in MS-Word 2016 via the F7 method. For some reason I have not seen the described behavior on PC’s running the 365 version of MS-Word.
I’ve advised that clients learn the alt shift L method as a backup anyway, but this has been a problem for at least a year.

I’ve spoken to Vispero, and they say it’s a Microsoft problem, and Microsoft says it’s a Jaws issue.

Not sure what is different in 365’s version that has this problem fixed.

Can anyone confirm?

On Dec 18, 2018, at 7:34 AM, Alan Robbins <arobbin2@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

Thanks to all for a variety of ways to spell check in Word 2016.
Preferred the old way but technology moves on and we must too.

Al