Word 2010 global settings

Dondi

Hello Everybody,

I got a problem with Word 2010. I don't really use Word all that much but
the other day I was trying out the JAWS mark feature in a word document. I
think that this is where my problem began. Here's what it's doing

1) Start Word 2010.

2) Make no entries in the new blank document, just do a alt+F4 to
close Word 2010.

3) This is what the error message says at this point "Microsoft
Word dialog this file is in use by another application or user
(C:\users\veteran\app data\dot dot\normal dot dot) OK button to activate
press space bar".

4) Pressing space bar closes this error message.

5) The save as dialog opens. File name: edit combo normal dot dot
zero items to set the value use the arrow keys or type the value.

6) Pressing escape at this time closes this dialog box.

7) Doing another alt+F4 brings up the final warning message.

8) Microsoft Word dialog, changes have been made effect the
global template normal dot dot do you want to save those changes.

9) At this time I choose don't save and press space bar which
finally closes Word.

A couple of questions:

What's this global template normal dot dot?

What do the dot dots mean?

Has anybody had an experience with anything like this?

Dondi