From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:38 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: Reading comments with a document

You have to specify which flavor of Word.
For versions earlier than 2007:
Alt plus I
Then the letter N (for references)
Finally, the letter M
I don't remember, off-hand, how to do it in Word 2007 or later.
Be warned. JAWS, in versions of Word before 2007, becomes very, very
unstable inside comments. For instance, in Word 2003, 2 or 3 seconds will
elapse between the time when you type a key and you hear JAWS say the
keystroke.
I actually haven't tried comments in Word 2010, given the miserable
experience in earlier versions.
Freedom Scientific knows about this, and like all the other problems I've
reported, has chosen to do nothing -- too busy making sure Red Sox scores
work in Research It.