Re: installing Malware Bites

John Martyn

Hi, you can obviously use optical character recognition OCR with insert space followed by the letters ON then S. Another tactic is to use the built in windows 10 near raider feature which has better access to you I capability which is the user interface. Typically as it stands now, the jaws cursor is pretty useless at this point. It does not recognize the letters or components on the screen. Those windows are designed with strange you I components. Typically it’s a participation window that just says to enhance any experience, and it is good sometimes to participate; however, what you should do is just double check the screen text with OCR. Once OCR is complete on the screen, then use insert are to change restriction to the application to read specifics on the screen. Hope this helps, John PS insert are for restriction changes it to application mode. You can then hit the ski repeatedly to focus in on other areas of what you are trying to read. Cheers!

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 8:30 AM Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

I should go on to explain here that I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2018. Is MB compatible—JAWS friendly? If not, I’ll just forget installing it altogether.

Thanks for any help.   

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 10:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: installing Malware Bites

Hi Shirley,

Are you installing the free version or, do you have ID & Key Codes?

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 7:04 PM

Subject: installing Malware Bites

Hi listers,

I’m trying to install MB, but I admit I don’t know what I’m doing. It seemed easy enough at first, but (forgive my ignorance here) I don’t understand why I was asked to agree to Groupbox. Is this important for Malware Bites, or just some extra thing they are trying to get me to agree to. I have no sighted assistance here, and maybe I’m missing something since I don’t see the screen. Any advice is appreciated.

Shirley Tracy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.