Re: JAWS2019.1812.49 Build Update, Download Links + What's New In This Release

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Don,

I don't know why it does that but, I would imagine it's because it actually replaces the desktop icon with a new one.  You can try assigning the shortcut keystroke from a different Jaws icon, and
I believe it will solve your disappearing keystroke problem.  I assign my
pin to Taskbar shortcut from this Jaws icon and never have to mess with it
after a Jaws build update.  Try the following:
1. Open the Start menu, navigate to the Programs folder and open it.
2. Use first letter navigation to the version of Jaws you want to assign the
shortcut keystroke to.  Press the letter, J, until you reach JAWS2018, for
example.
3. With the preferred version of JAWS highlighted Press enter or right arrow
to open, up or down arrow to, JAWS, and this is the icon that you want to
use for creating the shortcut keystroke.
4. So, with the JAWS icon highlighted press, Alt + Enter, to open the JAWS
properties, or press the applications key or Shift + F10 to open the context
menu, and press enter on properties.
5. Assign your keystroke, tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay,
and press Enter.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!