Re: Blue Screen of Death When running JAWS with mapping software #jaws #winten1803

Jason White

Have you tried turning off the “Use accessibility driver for screen capture” option in the JAWS settings? If this doesn’t help, the next step would be to contact Microsoft’s accessibility support and ask them to analyze the minidump files that are created when the system crashes. If I remember correctly, they’re in c:\windows\minidump

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Max
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2018 7:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Blue Screen of Death When running JAWS with mapping software #winten1803 #jaws

Hello all,

I’m having an issue with JAWS enabled whilst running some mapping software. Every time I try to zoom in to the map, I get a blue screen of death.
I am on Windows 10 update 1803 (OS Build 17134.345).
I have updated all my display drivers and have gotten the newest update of JAWS given to me (Version 2012.1811.2 ILM) and it still seems to occur no matter what.

I am using Intel HD Graphics 4600 display driver.

When I remove JAWS completely from my system, this BSOD does not occur anymore.

I have found users of other applications experiencing the same thing (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/654578/bsod-triggered-exclusively-by-faststone-image-viewer/)

I am wondering if this has been reported before here and if not what possible workarounds there might be?
Thank you kindly!