Re: Saving an pdf file

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Kendra Schafer wrote:
Are image PDFs the ones that are still not accessible to screen readers?
Left un-OCRed after the fact, yes.  But who does that anymore?  The minute you have a PDF that says nothing but "blank" (or similar) OCR-ing it by the method of your choice should be Job One.

The result from doing so can vary between "instantly fully accessible" and "I'm no better off than when I started."   When it's leaning far more toward the latter it's generally because the source material, even if an image of text, is just really poor to begin with or you have something that's actually mostly images (as in pictures) to begin with.