Re: Speaking ProblemWith New Windows 10 Computer

Kendra Schafer <redwing731@...>

Hi all!

 I would try installing NVDA because it’s a free screen reader and it’s actually better than Windows Narader. Since you are trying to install JAWS, I would totally install NVDA first so that you have a relayable screen reader. Of course, that’s not counting any sound card problems.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:01 PM
To: jfw list <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Speaking ProblemWith New Windows 10 Computer

Hello, everyone.

As some of you may remember, I’m continuing to set up a new Dell Windows 10 computer with Jaws.

The computer has an Intel I7 processor, 16 gigabytes of ram, a 12 gigabyte solid-state drive, and a 1 terabyte mechanical hard drive.

I mention this right from the start, because this computer should have plenty of horse power to work well with Jaws.

I have noticed that, when typing something, after I stop using the computer for 30 seconds or so, I do not get Jaws feedback until I press at least four or five keys.  In other words, there’s a considerable delay until Jaws starts speaking again.

I am thinking this is a Jaws issue, but am not totally sure.

I’m currently using Jaws 2018, and plan to upgrade to Jaws 2019 soon, although I’m a bit hesitant to do so right now because of other known problems with Jaws 2019 and MS Word.

Are there some settings I should look at to try to address this issue?

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan