Re: Any list for blind Alesa and Google Home voice controlled devices

Cristóbal

Fragmentation becomes pointless after a while and besides, truth be told, for many of these lists, be it Jaws, iOS or blindness related tech stuff, lots of us are on these same lists anyway.

Cristóbal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Any list for blind Alesa and Google Home voice controlled devices

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 02:35 PM, Mario wrote:

my guess is that a single mailing list would get too chaotic with
discussions of everything imaginable and the moderation of the discussions?

That could be if there were not end-user mechanisms to control the flow of messages from a given group, but Groups.io gives exquisite control over exactly what messages you receive:  Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io

Most of the groups I participate on with regard to anything are not actively moderated.  There are moderators (myself among them) that can and will step in if a situation calls for it and is called to our attention, but in general members post as they please because they abide by the community rules.

In any case, I really just wanted to point out the Blind Tech group, which is blessedly "general purpose" and has been around for a very long time now (it predates its existence on Groups.io by quite a few years, if memory serves).  You also learn a lot that you didn't ever think about because you just happen to get topics that are very interesting that never would have entered your mind spontaneously.