Re: Any list for blind Alesa and Google Home voice controlled devices

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 02:35 PM, Mario wrote:
my guess is that a single mailing list would get too chaotic with
discussions of everything imaginable and the moderation of the discussions?
That could be if there were not end-user mechanisms to control the flow of messages from a given group, but Groups.io gives exquisite control over exactly what messages you receive:  Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io

Most of the groups I participate on with regard to anything are not actively moderated.  There are moderators (myself among them) that can and will step in if a situation calls for it and is called to our attention, but in general members post as they please because they abide by the community rules.

In any case, I really just wanted to point out the Blind Tech group, which is blessedly "general purpose" and has been around for a very long time now (it predates its existence on Groups.io by quite a few years, if memory serves).  You also learn a lot that you didn't ever think about because you just happen to get topics that are very interesting that never would have entered your mind spontaneously.