Re: Saving an pdf file

Nermin

Hi Bill,

When I choose the link with the tab key and use the context menu, “Save as...” will open a download file dialogue for me to save the file wherever I want. The extension is PDF.
Note that I’m doing this from your message using Windows Live Mail, but I would think that the chosen e-mail client shouldn’t matter.

Regards,
Nermin

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Saving an pdf file

Hi, Brian. Below is the link to the Linux book. It is a pdf file, and if you click the link, it opens the pdf. If I just press ENTER on the link, it opens in Adobe Reader DC. If I try to do a Save Target As, it wants to save the resulting file as an html. Below is the link.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxcommand/files/TLCL/17.10/TLCL-17.10.pdf/download

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 4:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Saving an pdf file

Tom,

If your goal is to have a copy of the PDF file saved to your computer, the easiest thing to do is, once you have focus on the link for said file, to hit the applications/menu key or SHIFT+F10 and choose the option usually something like, "Save link as," or, "Save target as," which directly downloads the file without opening it.  You can then open it afterward with the reader of your choice.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.