latest itunes gives me trouble

douglas richard dexheimer

i tried posting the following in a form on the blindtunes/do it blind site, but sending it requires verification that i'm not a robot; without an add-on like webvisum and no checkbox saying i'm not a robot, i find this impossible without sighted help. here's what i wrote:
today i spoke with an apple support rep regarding a shortage of storage space on my iphone, and after a series of brick walls trying to restore my iphone, i was prompted to download the latest update to itunes on my windows 7 desktop, which has disabled the accessibility and controllability of earlier versions. i can't find a way, using nvda or jaws, to get to the itunes radio tree view to select favorite stations, like i did before. please advise the version of nvda/jaws/itunes needed to restore itunes' functionality and accessibility with a screenreader, giving access to the different tree views like radio, library, store, etc., plus how to install any necessary scripts. reverting to an earlier itunes version may block any future attempts to restore my iphone. thanks.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
home phone 773-409-6163
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@...

On 10/30/2018 8:48 PM, James Lockwood wrote:
This may have been posted already so if so I am sorry. But iTUnes 12 sucks for accessibility. For me it did anyways. I am using jaws 2018 and updated itunes to 12. Bad mistake. I found it impossible to navigate or return my views of genre artist song from left to right in that order back from how i had it in itunes11. I reverted back to older itunes11. Also, be sure you keep a backup copy of itunes library folder in case you ever want to go back to whatever version you currently have. Once you update older versions of itunes wont be able to read any library files touched by newer versions of iTUnes. Neweversions corrupt them for older versions. Library folder located c users userName appData roaming apple computers itunes folder. Unhide hidden files and protected protected operating files to find it if you dont type it into the address bar instead. Sorry for length. Just thought someone may find it helpful. ITUnes 12 may have been out for a while. But just in case i can save anyone else all the time i have spent last day or so this post will have been worth it