Re: Question About JAWS 2019 Reading Column and Row Titles for Tables in Microsoft Word 365

Milissa,

           Take a look at:  http://accessproject.colostate.edu/udl/modules/word/tut_table_headings.php

           If doing this with the header rows allows JAWS to announce things "more gracefully," you might also want to make whoever it is that's creating the original document(s) with tables in them aware of this material.  I recently had to figure out how one does this in Excel so that JAWS can easily announce what column you're dealing with for the row that you're in.

           I don't have JAWS installed on this machine to test with.

           There's also a raft of great information returned by this web search:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=MS-Word+table+headings+accessibility

            My gut tells me this is going to be solved by setting up the MS-Word document such that JAWS can handle tables gracefully moreso than actually tweaking JAWS settings, though there may be some of that.