Question About JAWS 2019 Reading Column and Row Titles for Tables in Microsoft Word 365

mwelch8877@...

HI All,

I am required to fill in information in a Microsoft Word document for
school. In order to do so, I am required to enter the information into a
table. However, JAWS 2019 is not reading the Column and row titles as I
navigate within the table. The only time JAWS reads the Column titles is if
I am at the top of each Column where the column titles are actually located.
The same JAWS behavior holds true for the row titles. Is there any setting
that I can change that will allow JAWS to read the Column and row titles in
a Word document when I am navigating within the table?

I am currently using the latest version of JAWS 2019 with the latest version
of Office 365 on a Windows 10 computer. I have checked my Word quick
settings by hitting insert plus V. According to my table settings for Word,
cell coordinates announcements, table detection, and description are all
checked. I know that in Excel, there are settings where you can set JAWS to
automatically read Column and row titles. Is there a similar setting for
Microsoft Word that will allow JAWS to read Column and row titles for
tables?

AS a side note, when I had to complete this same document back in August of
2018 when I was using JAWS 2018 and the latest version of Microsoft Office
365 at that time, I did not have this problem of JAWS not reading the Column
and row titles within the table.

Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide.

Milissa