From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, 9 December 2018 5:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stop keys being spoken

Hi Tom,

Try the following:
The Tab key is muted by default in Jaws 2019 so you don't hear either the Alt or Tab keys.  Here's how to get them both back to being muted.
1. Open the Settings Center with the keystroke, Jaws key + 6, on the number row then press, control, shift + D, to open default all applications.
2. Navigate to, Keyboard closed, and press right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow to, General closed, and right arrow to open.
4. Down arrow to, Manage key labels..., and press the spacebar to open.  Note;  don't press enter , if you press enter it'll close the Settings Center.
5. Press the letter, T, and it'll take you to, Tab tab Speak, now tab 1 time an you'll hear, toggle mute button, so press the spacebar to hear, Tab tab Mute.
6. Tab to, Okay, press the spacebar, again tab to, Okay, press enter to save & close.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!