Re: How to get JAWS 13 to go to directly content of frame

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

There are doubtless a number of different ways to get to the key information you are looking for.
Although the information may be changing, the labels, or some part of the labels, may remain constant. If so, you can label them or, more precisely, bookmark them.
Once you are somewhat familiar with the page, press the JAWS key plus F7. That will give you a list of links.
Identify the links that are of greatest interest. There will doubtless be lots of clutter that you don't care about.
When you find the link (and you can use first key navigation), instead of hitting enter, tab over and simply jump to the link.
Then, use control + shift plus K and tab over to add the bookmark. I usually do associate the bookmark with text, but that may just be personal preference.
Once you have labeled the links of interest, you can simply use the letter K to jump directly to points of interest.
By the way, there may be things like buttons or other forms to which you would like to jump. Do the same as above, except use insert plus F5 instead of
You mentioned frames. Remember, you can jump to a specific frame by using the letter M.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Muggle Miller
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:54 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: How to get JAWS 13 to go to directly content of frame

I am a new JAWS user. I am using version 13 and Windows 7. I have to
navigate Blackboard a course management system. How do I get JAWS to go
directly to the content of a frame so I don't have to tab every time I
access the page. The content is constantly changing, so I am never sure
what is listed or I would just search for a specific link.

Thank you.

M. Miller
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20120117/c6a9f0c5/attachment.html>
#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.