From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Newell
Sent: Thursday, 29 November 2018 4:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS Scripts - Are they interpreted or compiled?

Those instructions are incorrect. You should never modify default.jss
or default.jsb files. There are other ways that Freedom Scientific has
designed for you to create or modify JAWS behavior.

What you need to do is this:

Part A: Check your default.jss and default.jsb file
1. Open Script Manager and press CTRL+SHIFT+D to load the default file.
2. See if your punctuation script is in the file. If it is, keep
following these instructions. If not, skip to Part B.
3. You need to get a clean copy of these files. The way I would
recommend is to completely remove JAWS 2019 from your system. Then
install JAWS 2019 again, but do not migrate any settings because then
you will be back where you started.
4. Check before using JAWS that this folder is completely empty:
C:\Users\[YourUserDirectory]\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu.

Part B: Adding your punctuation script
1. Open Script Manager.
2. Press CTRL+O to open the Open dialog.
3. Navigate to this location: C:\ProgramData\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\2019\Scripts.
4. Open the file MyExtensions.jss.
5. Write your script at the bottom of this file, and press CTRL+S to compile it.

On 11/29/18, Tom <tomcat509@...> wrote:
Hi,
Following is the punctuation script and where it is available along with
installation instructions.

Maybe it does needs compiling again under Jaws 2019 and so I’ll try that
solution.

Source: http://www.jaws-users.com/scripts/JAWS/PunctuationLevelScript.html
Follow these steps to insert the code required to set up a hot key to toggle
the Jaws punctuation level.

press insert 0 (on the number row).
press control shift D
You should hear jaws script manage default.jss.
Hit control+end this will take you to the bottom of the file.
Hit enter twice, to insert a couple of blank lines.
paste in the following lines for the script:

Script TogglePunctuation ()
Say (PunctuationToggle (false), ot_no_disable)
EndScript

Place your cursor on the line that says Say (PunctuationToggle (false),
ot_no_disable).
Hit control+d.
Hit tab this will put you on the "can be attached to key" check box, this
should be checked, if it is not hit "space bar" to check it.
Hit tab this will take you to the "synopsis" where you can put in a short
description if you want.
Tab to the "assign short cut key" field and press the keystroke you want to
use for the script. Such as Control+Shift+P.
Tab to the okay button and enter. This will take you back to the script
editor.
Press control+S to compile your changes.
Press Alt-F4 to close the script editor

Cheers
Tom