Re: JAWS Scripts - Are they interpreted or compiled?

Roger Newell

In addition to what Matthew has said, Freedom Scientific uses many,
many folders across your PC to store files, many of which may be
referenced at any time. Having files whose version does not match
other files has the potential to break JAWS functionality when JAWS
receives updates throughout the year.

On 11/29/18, Matthew Horspool <mhorspool@...> wrote:
Hi Isaac,

I'm afraid I'm not convinced that this is necessary or even appropriate.
Freedom Scientific scripts could change at any time, even from minor JAWS
version to minor JAWS version. If you restore from a personal backup of the
Freedom Scientific stock scripts you could well end up restoring an earlier
version which re-introduces problems which have subsequently been fixed.

A JAWS repair is a perfectly adequate way of restoring stock scripts if they
do go missing somehow. If you're particularly paranoid you could keep a
backup copy of the JAWS installer.

Matthew