Re: Jaws 18 and jaws 2018 Facebook

Matthew Horspool

Hi Addison,

You should be able to extract my email address from any correspondence I send to the list. I don't go out of my way to hide it.

However, as I say, please understand that I have relatively outdated Facebook knowledge and do not always have time to deal with emails in an efficient manner. I reply to threads on these lists when I have time on the basis that, if I'm half way through solving a problem but don't have time to finish the job for some reason, someone else can pick up where I left off. The same can't be said if you email me personally. I cannot, of course, prevent you from doing so and I will certainly not go out of my way not to reply, but I cannot offer you any guarantee that you will receive a response in a timely fashion or even that I will be able to help at all.

For this reason I would strongly advise that you continue to ask your questions on-list. You will have a much greater chance of receiving a relevant and timely reply that way. If you are in particular need of 1:1 support, I would encourage you to make use of people who are paid to do that sort of job, e.g. Freedom Scientific, Microsoft or Facebook technical support departments.

Best wishes,

Matthew

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: 28 November 2018 16:20
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 18 and jaws 2018 Facebook

Matthew May I have your email address ? I will go to try regular facebook to see what’s happens from there with my jaws 2018

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Horspool
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:50 AM

Hi Addison,

M Facebook is generally less cluttered, which is why I suspect FS tech support encourage its use. Regular Facebook is still perfectly accessible, though.

As I say, I'm hardly a Facebook expert so I'm not sure what support I would be able to offer you off-list that others can't do better on-list.

Matthew

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: 28 November 2018 14:58

Hi Matthew Thanks for your response ,I wasn’t sure if www.facebook.com  is accessible with jaws because when I go on www.facebook.com  I noticed jaws was acted up on the page for some reason. So I did calls fs technical support about it she told me go to m.facebook.com where jaws is accessible better on it than regular facebook  for my u understanding that regular facebook  page have more features than m.facebook.com   page !! If you don’t mind writing me off list at  O.addisonGethers@... 

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Horspool
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:13 AM

Hello Addison,

I am not a Facebook expert so I did not jump into this thread straight away, thinking that perhaps someone else might have a more thorough answer. But yes, the regular facebook.com website is accessible with JAWS.

There shouldn't be any difference in notifications between regular Facebook and M Facebook, as far as I know. You will not get notified every time somebody posts as this is the purpose of the news feed.

I hope I have understood your questions correctly. I wouldn't usually point it out, but since you bring it up, your messages don't contain very much punctuation and the wording is not very clear, so it does take quite a while for me to process what you've said and then even longer to interpret it. If you could perhaps insert a few more full stops it might make things a little easier.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Sent: 28 November 2018 13:18

Hello Is there anyone can helped me?If not then I don’t understand you all can helps other unless you all doesn’t understand me and not much experience on computer stuff and have not had much computer training . If I defend anyone feeling I’m sorry !!

Addison

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 12:33 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws 18 and jaws 2018 Facebook

Hello All  Is jaws accessible to read on www.facebook.com  ? I have been using m.facebook.com  website  I’m having problem not receiving notifications page with the people who’s I’m following and like theirs page to receive theirs post on notification on m.facebook.com  I was wonder if I need to go to regular facebook website. I noticed on yesterday I went on lite.facebook.com website and heard some of the people that I’m follow is there but when I press enter on it jaws is little behave acts on the page. I really need some help here because I can’t use my mobile phone with hearing impairment not able to hear voiceover loud enough to understandit. I have desktop and laptop computer.

Addison

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.